Identification of GI Sites Meeting
To collectively identify 3-5 sites along Liberty Bike Blvd. for potential green infrastructure implementation projects that demonstrate mutual benefits
Initial engagement included individual meetings between UA project leaders Andrea K. Gerlak and Adriana Zuniga-Teran and partners. Initial meetings include:
- Meeting with Anna Chaneka and Krista Hansen on January 31, 2017.
- Meeting with Catlow Chipek and Joaquín Murrieta from Watershed Management Group on February 2, 2017.
- Meeting with Emily Yetman, Celia Preble-Gaitz, Kylie Walzak, Evren Sonmez, and Vanessa Cascio from Living Streets Alliance on February 2, 2017.
- Meeting with John Shepard from the Sonoran Institute on February 2, 2017.
In addition, project leaders have met with experts on the field in order to gain insights on how to engage better with community partners and residents. These meetings include:
- Meeting with Mead Mier from the Pima Association of Governments on February 16, 2017.
- Meeting with Kirk Emerson from the School of Social Sciences at the University of Arizona on February 16, 2017.
- Meeting with Allison Titcomb from ALTA Consulting on February 17, 2017.
The Kick-Off Meeting for this project took place on March 8, 2017 at the ENR2 building of the University of Arizona.
Participating organizations included:
- Watershed Management Group
- Living Streets Alliance
- City of Tucson Department of Transportations
- The Sonoran Institute
- Pima Association of Governments
- University of Arizona
The purpose of this meeting was to introduce the partners of this project and share experiences working in the study site and engaging with the local community. The meeting also included an activity to identify potential implementation sites for green infrastructure along the Liberty Ave. Partners also worked on expanding their network to include other local organizations working on this topic in southern Tucson, and discussed the next steps for this project.